Wednesday, 23 January 2008

So, I am doing this late....

I have been in London for about 2 and a half weeks. My dad and I came for the first week and acted like proper tourists. We went to Bath, Stonehedge, and Windsor Castle one day on a tour bus, took a tour of the Tower of London, did some shopping, and went on a Big Bus Tour.

The next week I moved in. I am rooming with Kaia and Katy. Our room is pretty big. We have a bathroom and three closets, and share a kitchen with 10 other girls. The kitchen can get kinda crazy and we run out of paper towels about every day and a half. We have a good time though. It is very family-ish, I like it.

The first day we went on a boat tour. The initial boat we got on was the wrong one, so we have to transfer onto the Golden Salmender. It was super fancy. The boat was nice, but it took about 3 hours to go up and down the Thames, so that was a bit much.

For the next two day we had orientation for 5 hours a day. It was a killer, but the last three lectures on the second day were on culture and stuff, so they were a bit more intersting.

Then, on Thursday was our first day of class. Everyone has core on Wednesdays and Thrusdays, so I have a British film and TV class. We talked about "crime" in English film and how it went from the "bobby on the beat" to the tough ganster cop. Later that night was the welcome to london party at Bunker bar, hosted by the school. They gave us tickets to get THREE free drinks (either wine or beer) and everyone got WASTED. Then we went to this sketchy club, after getting lost for an hour, called the Road House. We all got in for free because we were from the US. When we went down there, looked so Euro trash to me, and all the people were soooo old! Then there was this cover band there, that sang The Killers, and other very american songs that everyone knew. All the girls from our school were being scatched up by british men and making out. Dave and I stood at the bar and laughed at them. I was too scared to go and join.

The next day, Dave and I went to the Natural History Museum and the V&A. Both are about a 3 minute walk down the street from us. It was a fun time. We saw the 30 ft whale and a lot of rocks. At the V&A, we saw so much cool stuff. In one room they has costumes, then greek scupltures, and all this crazy modern stuff made out of paper. Later I went to my placement meeting since I dont have an internship yet.

Then...it was Saturday.

No comments: